● On-demand motorcycle option to help commuters save time and money
● Aims to provide convenient rides to commuters and cut congestion over time
Bangalore, 3 March, 2016: Uber, the smartphone app that connects riders with drivers to provide convenient, reliable and affordable rides; has today announced the pilot launch of its new service--uberMOTO in Bangalore.
uberMOTO enables people to push a button and get a motorbike ride in minutes. It’s a great way for people to save time and money on short trips across town and provides last mile connectivity--for example to and from public transit service like the metro station.
Amit Jain, President, Uber India, said “Uber has always been at the forefront of innovation across the world. We are very excited to pilot uberMOTO in Bangalore--pairing our on-demand technology platform with motorbikes, the predominant mode of transport in India. Enabling transportation at the push of a button, uberMOTO will offer another affordable mobility option that will help people save time and money while helping cut congestion in our cities over time.”
uberMOTO launch follows the launch of Uber’s carpooling service, which is designed to get more people into fewer cars. The uberMOTO option on the app will go live today and will work the same way as the other options - uberGO, uberX and uberBLACK, available on the platform.
uberMOTO is the most affordable transportation option in the city with rates starting at ₹ 15 + ₹ 3 /km + ₹1/min. The minimum fare is ₹ 15. To celebrate the launch of uberMOTO Uber is giving away *free rides to first time users.
*Riders can key in uberMOTOBLR to get a free ride worth Rs 100.
People who own motorbikes/scooters can also become drivers on the platform and recoup the costs of their trips. More details here https://newsroom.uber.com/
Here’s how it works.
● Choose the uberMOTO option in the app. Enter your pickup location and payment method. Request your ride.
● We’ll show your driver’s details straight away--name, photo and the details of the motorbike.
● All riders and drivers have to wear a helmet in Bangalore by law. So your uberMOTO driver will have one on hand for you.
● Uber’s standard product safety features are in place before, during and after every trip, including GPS tracking, 2-way feedback and the ability to share trip details with family and friends.
● At the end of the trip, you’ll pay by cash, credit/debit card, mobile wallet or Airtel money. In either case we’ll send you an electronic receipt.
At launch uberMOTO will be available in the following areas--and we’ll be expanding our coverage over time.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in hundreds of cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. Today Uber is available in almost 400 cities in 68 countries. Today, the service is available in 26 Indian cities -- more than any other country outside the United States. www.uber.com