- Introducing the ultimate high-end mirrorless camera: a compact and lightweight body that overturns common perceptions of medium format digital cameras
- With the new GFX Series and the current X Series Line-up, Fujifilm aims to capture 30% Market Share in the Mirrorless Camera and Lens Market in India in the next 3-4 years
Mumbai, ｘ32.9mm medium format (FUJIFILM G Format) sensor with 51.4 MP. Featuring premium design and excellent operability stemming from the highly reputable digital camera "X Series" system and the accumulation of image design technology from over 80 years of experience, the GFX 50S achieves the highest ever image quality from Fujifilm.: Fujifilm India Private Limited, a pioneer in imaging technologies, is delighted to announce the launch of the much awaited GFX50s medium format mirrorless camera that is effectively built to achieve the best image quality. Adopting a 43.8
To complement the GFX50S perfectly, Fujifilm is also releasing FUJINON GF Lens series- a new camera system capable of creating the world's highest level of photographic expressions. The line-up includes seven interchangeable lenses- GF23mmF4 RLM WR, GF45mmF 2.8R WR, GF63mmF2.8 R WR, GF110mmF2 R LM WR, GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR macro, GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR and GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR, providing every professional, the splendor of photography and the joy of taking photos.
The GFX50s delivers uncompromised performance across stills and video shooting, in addition, a new Color Chrome Effect feature has been added. This feature can be used to reproduce the tones and deep colors, in situations often said to be difficult hence making GFX50s as an “attainable luxury”.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Haruto Iwata, Managing Director, Fujifilm India Pvt. Ltd. said, “We are excited to launch the much awaited GFX50s and G-mount lenses for our esteemed customers in India. Fujifilm’s X Series system has been appreciated by professional photographers and photo enthusiasts around the world, due to its excellent image quality and mobility across a wide range of genres including landscape, commercial and fashion photography. Taking forward our promise for developing innovative technology, and to strengthen our commitment towards mirrorless segment, we have introduced this range to offer even higher image quality. As we complete 10 years in India, we continue to bring the best of technology and innovation to our consumers at the best possible price point.’’
Fujifilm India has very aggressive plans for the expansion of its X Series in the Indian Market. The company plans to expand its touch points by focusing on increasing its retail presence as well as enhance customer touch and try experience. The company also plans to expand its After Sales Service by adding 50 more service collection points by the end of FY 2018 taking it to a total of 100 service collection points. Additionally, the company is also looking at setting up Fujifilm Professional Service by the second half of this fiscal. Fujifilm India will be investing heavily in marketing promotions, workshops, exhibitions, online promotions and photographer associations to build the X Series Brand further. With these initiatives the company’s goal is to capture30% Market Share in the Mirrorless Camera and Lens Market in India in the next 3-4 years.
(1) Equipped with a 43.8mm x 32.9mm, 51.4 MP CMOS sensor, boasting approx. 1.7x the area of full frame sensors
Both the shape of the light-gathering micro-lenses and the processing from the photodiodes have been customized to achieve a high level of sharpness and broad dynamic range. And thanks to the excellent light reception performance due to the large area of each pixel, room to spare is created in the camera's high sensitivity performance and tone reproduction, achieving high image quality exceeding that of cameras equipped with full size sensors with an equivalent number of pixels. Therefore, precise images can be reproduced down to the smallest detail, conveying the texture of the subject, a three-dimensional feeling, and even the atmosphere of the scene.
(2) Equipped with X-Processor Pro image processing engine
By using the highly rated X-Processor Pro, which is also used in the X-Pro2 and X-T2 cameras, it is possible to experience Fujifilm's acclaimed Film Simulation color reproduction with an ultra-high quality large size sensor. The Movie function also supports Full HD recording at 30p. Users can enjoy high quality video with no post-processing required by using Film Simulation modes just like they would with a still image.
(3) Compact and lightweight body with high rigidity due to the adoption of magnesium alloy
With a weight of approx. 1230g when paired with a standard lens (GF63mm F2.8 R WR), the camera weighs approx. 60% of a medium format DSLR camera equipped with a sensor of the same size. Even when compared to a DSLR camera with a slightly smaller full size sensor, the camera comes in at almost the same weight. Overall camera body height and width have also been minimized for maximum flexibility, overturning the common perceptions regarding the mobility of medium format digital cameras.
(4) 3.69M-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder and 2.36M-dot touchscreen LCD back panel
A detachable structure has been adopted which allows for flexible operation according to how the user wishes to use it. Also, by attaching the separately sold EVF-TL1 EVF tilt adapter, the angle can be changed to a maximum angle of 90° when shooting horizontal landscapes and ±45° when shooting in the portrait position. A 3.2-inch, 2.36M-dot touch panel has been adopted for the rear monitor, allowing the user to use touch operations for the selection of the menu, distance measuring points and viewing of images that have been taken. The inclusion of a three-directional tilting LCD screen improves operability and makes viewing images and checking focus even easier.
(5) Newly developed large diameter G Mount with excellent robustness and durability
Utilizing the merits of newly developing both a camera body and lenses simultaneously, the GFX 50S adopts a large diameter/short flange back mount with a diameter of 65mm and a flange back of 26.7mm. This construction improves the freedom of the optical design of the lens, greatly contributing to high image quality and miniaturization of the body.
(6) Newly developed ultra-high resolution FUJINON GF Lenses
In preparation for the future, the GF Lens series, newly designed specifically for the GFX 50S, possesses the resolving power capable of supporting a sensor with 100 MP. The lens barrel also features an aperture ring in the same manner as XF Lenses, supporting the intuitive operation of photographers. A C (=Command) Position has been newly added to the aperture ring as well, allowing users to change the aperture using the command dial on the camera's body. In order to prevent incorrect operation, the A (=Auto) Position and C Position feature a locking button installed on the aperture ring that must be disabled to implement changes.
- The FUJINON GF23mmF4 R LM WR: has a focal length equivalent to 18mm in the 35mm format and is perfectly suited for landscape and architectural applications. Despite the super-wide angle of view, distortion is kept to a minimum, and with the high-resolution performance extending all the way to the edges, sharp depiction power as if looking at an actual landscape is achieved. It features fast and quiet AF due to a linear motor, is dust and weather resistant, and is capable of operating in environments as cold as -10°C. The lens combines high performance and reliability as a professional work tool.
- The FUJINON GF45mmF2.8 R WR: is a highly versatile wide angle lens with a focal length equivalent to 36mm (on a 35mm format) and maximum F2.8 aperture. Thanks to its compact and lightweight design (weighing only 490g), this lens is ideal for street and documentary photography.
- The FUJINON GF63mmF2.8 R WR: This lens features an angle of view of approximately 50mm in 35mm format equivalent. Adopting a compact and stylish design, the external form of this small and lightweight lens has a diameter of just 84.0x71.0mm with a weight of only 405g. The optical system features a construction of 8 groups and 10 elements, including 1 ED lens element. This lens type was adopted being the most suitable for a compact size, with the utmost priority placed on resolution performance.
- The FUJINON GF110mmF2 R LM WR: is a medium telephoto lens for portraits. With a focal length equivalent to 87mm in the 35mm format, it achieves a brightness of F2.0 when used wide open to deliver beautiful bokeh. The high resolving power of the area in focus and the rich bokeh unique to medium format fast lenses depicts portraits with a realistic three-dimensional feel.
- The FUJINON GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR macro: The optical system features a construction of 9 groups and 14 elements, including 3 ED lens elements. By adopting a floating focus method using a linear motor, silent and high-speed autofocusing is achieved while aberrations from long distances to short distances are corrected in a satisfactory manner, dramatically increasing the resolution. Furthermore, by arranging the ED lenses in a well-balanced manner, chromatic aberrations are also properly corrected, contributing to a high-quality image.
- The FUJINON GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR: is a telephoto lens that achieves approximately 198mm in 35mm format equivalent, bringing together Fujifilm’s proprietary optical design technology: it offers high resolving power for supporting further enhancement of image resolution in the future. The lens can capture the atmosphere of any scene through a combination of high-resolution performance and rich bokeh effect. Attaching the “GF1.4X TC WR”, a 1.4x teleconverter provides coverage for telephoto shooting up to approximately 277mm in 35mm format equivalent, without any image quality deterioration.
- The FUJINON GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR: The optical system features a construction of 11 groups and 14 elements, each using one of the three types of lens elements, aspheric lens, ED lens and super ED lens, including the large aperture high precision aperture lens, achieving high image quality equivalent to single-focus lenses from wide angles up to standard focal distances. As a result, the lens demonstrates extremely high performance from the centre all the way to the edges. The lens adopts an inner focusing method, reducing the weight of the focus lens and achieving fast and silent AF by driving focusing using a linear motor.